Upon successful completion, competencies will be uploaded to sentinel
This course aims to provide the underpinning knowledge and practical experience on the safe and effective method of slinging when working on Network Rail infrastructure.
Must be a minimum age of 18
Must hold valid Sentinel card endorsed with Personal Track Safety and valid Slinger competency.
must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness Level 2
Must meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 Drugs & Alcohol
Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following: a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or 'ValIDate' card.
For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport is required.
Must have a good level of literacy to meet Entry qualifications. Please Advise of any special needs.
Full PPE Visibility clothing to RIS-3279-TOM standard (upper and lower body), Blue hard hat, Safety boots with full ankle/mid-sole protection/steel cap toes, gloves and safety glasses.
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Hot & Cold Weather Precautions
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Authorised Person AC Initial
- Nominated Person AC
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Authorised Person AC Recert