Upon successful completion of this course, competencies will be uploaded to Sentinel. Sentinel smart cards are ordered directly from Sentinel at www.railsentinel.co.uk
It is the Sponsors responsibility to ensure candidates booked onto the course are eligible for the training they are to receive and in line with any relevant medical level or restriction that may apply, in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements
Must bring Sentinel smart card endorsed with PTS (not in learning support) and DCCR. Please be advised that the competency can only be recertified if it is valid or within the 8 week grace period
Minimum of 4 Entries on the PTS Logbook endorsed by the COSS & 2 management reviews within the last 2 years since previous PTS training. Work Experience Logbooks not meeting these requirements will result in candidates not being eligible to continue with the course.
Must be a minimum age of 18.
It is adviseable to bring your Track Safety Handbook (you will have been provided with this on your PTS Initial course).
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 4 and NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Must have sufficient command of English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following: a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or 'ValIDate' card.
For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport is required.
Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia
Failure to meet the criteria for successful completion of the course will result in the candidates PTS/AC/DCCR competency being taken down, requiring the candidate to attend PTS/DCCR Initial training again, which may include completing the E-learning module if this has not been attended previously.
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Hot & Cold Weather Precautions
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- Machine Operator - Self Propelled MEWP (inc. Working at Heights & Harness Training)
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3, 4 and 6 - 9 days
- Machine Controller/Crane Controller 360 Excavator
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3 and 4
- Rail Saw and Abrasive Wheels
- MC MEWP Controller
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Authorised Person AC Initial
- Nominated Person AC
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Authorised Person AC Recert