Safety Procedures for Working on Electrical Equipment (SPWEE) Session 1 AM
Duration: 1 Day
Max Delegates: 12
Duration: 1/2 day
No. delegates: 12
This course is a pre-requisite for all staff who are new to working with electricity.
This course is aimed at personnel who are deemed to require an in-depth understanding of electrical risks, hazards and safety mitigation and are required to carry out safe electrical isolations to electrical supplied equipment as part of their job role, regardless of the work itself being of an electrical maintenance nature or on ancillary equipment powered from a supply source or cabinet. This course will be a pre-requisite for staff new to work as described herein as well as staff already in function who are deemed will benefit from this training by their line manager
This course is designed to inform the delegates of the legal requirements of the Health & Safety Act as it applies to the Electricity at Work Regulations, Electrical Safety, Electrical Hazard Identification, Electrical Risk Mitigation, Safe Isolations and Proving Dead of Electrical Equipment
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
• Understand the requirements and duties under the Electricity at Work Regulations.
• Understand the risks associated with electricity, hazard identification and risk mitigation.
• Understand the need, safety and legal requirements for safe isolations.
• Understand basic electrical supply protection equipment and mechanisms.
Other Training Sectors
- Fire Warden AM Session
- Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (Qualsafe Regulated) - 2 days
- First Aid at Work inc Electrical Accidents (Qualsafe Regulated)
- Manual Handling & Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work inc Electrical Accidents (Qualsafe Regulated) (Start Time 0845hrs)
- Book Now