Must be a minimum age of 18.
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 4 and Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Must have sufficient command of English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
Sentinel smart card with valid PTS endorsed.
Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following: a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or 'ValIDate' card.
For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport is required.
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Hot & Cold Weather Precautions
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Authorised Person AC Initial
- Nominated Person AC
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Authorised Person AC Recert