Duration: 1 Day
Max Delegates: 8
Upon successful completion of this course, competencies will be uploaded to Sentinel. Sentinel smart cards are ordered directly from Sentinel at www.railsentinel.co.uk
Due to COVID restrictions, it is recommended that candidates wear face masks in all communal areas.
It is the Sponsors responsibility to ensure candidates booked onto the course are eligible for the training they are to receive and in line with any relevant medical level or restriction that may apply, in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
Please be aware that candidates will be treated on a training event as if they are at work and they must comply with the relevant medical policy and bring their Sentinel Smartcard which will be swiped at the start of the course.
Must be a minimum age of 18.
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to medical level 1 or 3 (must be eligible to work alone - cannot attend if they must be accompanied) and Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Must have sufficient command of English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
Must bring Sentinel smart card with valid PTS (must not be in learning support or have red triangle on card).
Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia
Must Bring Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following (original hard copy - not electronically): a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, a UK biometric ID Card/Residence Permit (BRP), an Armed Forces Identity Card, a proof of age card recognised under PASS with a unique reference number (this includes the Citizen ID Card), N.I. Electoral Identity Card or a resident permit as per Home Office guidance.
For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport, Identity Card or Driving Licence from an EU or European Economic Area (EEA) country or a US Passport Card is required (original hard copy - not electronically).
PPE Visibility clothing to RIS-3279-TOM standard, white hard hat, Safety boots with full ankle and mid-sole protection and gloves
It is the responsibility of the individual trainees Manager to decide upon their suitability to attend the course in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021 Competence & Training in Track Safety.
Following successful completion of the Lookout (U) training, candidates will enter into a Probationay status and be required to complete the Post Training Workbook in order to convert their competence from ‘probationary’ to ‘competent’. This workbook must be completed within a 12 month period and is the responsibility of the sponsor. Sponsors will be required to record the completion of the Workbook via Sentinel.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake their duties in line with the associated capability of a LookoutDownload PDF
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- TR06.01 Track Patrolling (TTF06)
- Machine Operator - Self Propelled MEWP (inc. Working at Heights & Harness Training)
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3, 4 and 6 - 9 days
- Machine Controller/Crane Controller 360 Excavator
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3 and 4
- Rail Saw and Abrasive Wheels
- MC MEWP Controller
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Level B (Authorised Person for 25kV AC OLE/ 750V DC OLE/ 1500V DC OLE/ Auto Transformer) - Initial
- Level A (Nominated Person for 25kV AC OLE/ 750V DC OLE / 1500V DC OLE / Auto Transformer - Initial
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Level B (Authorised Person for 25kV AC OLE/ 750V DC OLE/ 1500V DC OLE/ Auto Transformer) - Recert