CPCS - A56B Rear Tipping Articulated Dump Truck (Novice Course)
Duration: 4 Days
Max Delegates: 4
The CPCS A56 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Rear Tipping Articulated – Chassis Dump Truck to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual using a rear tipping articulated chassis dump truck will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Maneuver in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Other Training Sectors
- COSS Recert OLP/CRP (Inc DCCR Recert) (Start Time 0845hrs)
- Machine Operator - Self Propelled MEWP (inc. Working at Heights & Harness Training) (Start Time 0930hrs)
- PTS AC Recert (Incl DCCR Recert) (Start Time 0800hrs)
- PTS Practical Event (Start Time 0845hrs)
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- Book Now