CPCS - A40A Slinger Signaller - All Duties (Novice Course)
Duration: 3 Days
Max Delegates: 4
The CPCS A40a course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating as a Slinger / Signaller in order to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, a slinger signaller will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a Slinger/Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the technical data, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedure
Other Training Sectors
Intertrain Re-open for Business on 18th May 2020 X
Initially, we are reopening our training centres in Doncaster, Warrington, Birmingham, Crayford and Bristol from Monday 18th May 2020.
Glasgow, Gateshead, Derby, Cardiff, Enfield, Carlisle and Portsmouth will be reopening over the coming months when we expect demand to increase.
In May and June we will be operating with a streamlined workforce of both Trainer/Assessors and Training Coordinators. Depending on the demand from our customers, we are hoping to significantly ramp up the scale of our services in July, August and beyond.
Our booking system and course schedules for May and June have been updated to reflect these changes. Unfortunately, there’s a number of course dates that have changed, if your bookings have been affected you will be contacted by a member of our booking department to ask you to reschedule for an alternative date. We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
We at Intertrain are taking the situation very seriously and the safety of everyone is our primary concern. We have therefore, undertaken a rigorous risk assessment and implemented a COVID-19 policy, please click the link below:
Intertrain COVID-19 Policy
For further information on our re-opening, please click here.