CPCS - A31 Ride on Roller - (Novice Course)
Duration: 3 Days
Max Delegates: 4
The CPCS A31 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Ride on Roller to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the ride on roller will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification.
- Compact straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges.
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Other Training Sectors
Intertrain Re-open for Business on 18th May 2020 X
Initially, we are reopening our training centres in Doncaster, Warrington, Birmingham, Crayford and Bristol from Monday 18th May 2020.
Glasgow, Gateshead, Derby, Cardiff, Enfield, Carlisle and Portsmouth will be reopening over the coming months when we expect demand to increase.
In May and June we will be operating with a streamlined workforce of both Trainer/Assessors and Training Coordinators. Depending on the demand from our customers, we are hoping to significantly ramp up the scale of our services in July, August and beyond.
Our booking system and course schedules for May and June have been updated to reflect these changes. Unfortunately, there’s a number of course dates that have changed, if your bookings have been affected you will be contacted by a member of our booking department to ask you to reschedule for an alternative date. We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
We at Intertrain are taking the situation very seriously and the safety of everyone is our primary concern. We have therefore, undertaken a rigorous risk assessment and implemented a COVID-19 policy, please click the link below:
Intertrain COVID-19 Policy
For further information on our re-opening, please click here.