CPCS - A21 Wheeled Loading Shovel (Novice Course)
Duration: 4 Days
Max Delegates: 4
The CPCS A21 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Wheel Loading Shovel to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the wheeled loading shovel will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Ensure Loading integrity and security.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain Loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out excavations from and embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps.
- Explain Precautions to be taken for underground and overhead service and other hazards.Download PDF
Other Training Sectors
- COSS Recert OLP/CRP (Inc DCCR Recert) (Start Time 0845hrs)
- Machine Operator - Self Propelled MEWP (inc. Working at Heights & Harness Training) (Start Time 0930hrs)
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3, 4 and 6 - 9 days (Start Time 0915hrs)
- Industry Common Induction (ICI ) with LU Endorsement - Session 5 (15.00pm)
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- Book Now
- Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (Qualsafe Regulated) - 2 days
- First Aid at Work inc Electrical Accidents (Qualsafe Regulated)
- Manual Handling & Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work inc Electrical Accidents (Qualsafe Regulated) (Start Time 0845hrs)
- First Aid at Work Recertification inc Electrical Accidents (Qualsafe Regulated)
- Book Now