CPCS - A17C Telescopic Handler - (Novice Course)
Duration: 5 Days
Max Delegates: 3
The CPCS A17 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Telescopic Handler to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a telescopic handler will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the telescopic handler.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Other Training Sectors
- COSS Recert OLP/CRP (Inc DCCR Recert) (Start Time 0845hrs)
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction (Start Time 0915hrs)
- PTS AC Recert (Incl DCCR Recert) (Start Time 0800hrs)
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Industry Common Induction (ICI ) with LU Endorsement - Session 5 (15.00pm)
- Book Now