CPCS - A04 Tower Crane (Novice Course)
Duration: 10 Days
Max Delegates: 4
The A04 course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training. Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test)
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual will be able to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Decide whether a load is within the capacity of the crane
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Other Training Sectors
Intertrain Re-open for Business on 18th May 2020 X
Initially, we are reopening our training centres in Doncaster, Warrington, Birmingham, Crayford and Bristol from Monday 18th May 2020.
Glasgow, Gateshead, Derby, Cardiff, Enfield, Carlisle and Portsmouth will be reopening over the coming months when we expect demand to increase.
In May and June we will be operating with a streamlined workforce of both Trainer/Assessors and Training Coordinators. Depending on the demand from our customers, we are hoping to significantly ramp up the scale of our services in July, August and beyond.
Our booking system and course schedules for May and June have been updated to reflect these changes. Unfortunately, there’s a number of course dates that have changed, if your bookings have been affected you will be contacted by a member of our booking department to ask you to reschedule for an alternative date. We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
We at Intertrain are taking the situation very seriously and the safety of everyone is our primary concern. We have therefore, undertaken a rigorous risk assessment and implemented a COVID-19 policy, please click the link below:
Intertrain COVID-19 Policy
For further information on our re-opening, please click here.