GOTCHA Kit Harness Rescue (MOD 5a)
Duration: 1 Day
Max Delegates: 6
• Understand the implications of being suspended in a harness and the importance of rescue provision when working at height.
• Have a basic understanding of the different approaches to rescue and how the rescue kit fits into a hierarchy of options, e.g. improvised planned and emergency services.
• Understanding the importance of personal safety whilst carrying out rescue.
• Post rescue care and handover to a first aider or the emergency services.
• Identification of the key components for the rescue kit, their strengths and limitations.
• The ability to assess the situation and select the appropriate recovery technique, i.e. anchor point selection and suitable points of safety harness attachment.
• Correctly fitting and adjustment of a fall arrest harness.
• Correct use of double and / or single fall arrest lanyards for personal safety whilst traversing and rescuing.
• The importance of casualty management and the application of temporary aids.
• Remote deployment of the rescue kit from a position of safety and attachment to an unconscious casualty.
• Use of the rescue kit to raise and lower an unconscious suspended casualty.
• Correct use of the equipment to gain a mechanical advantage when lifting the casualty.
We don't currently have any scheduled dates or locations for this course to take place. If you'd like us to put this course on for you please get in touch today, we have locations across the UK and will aim to provide for you where we can. Enquire Now
Other Training Sectors