IPAF (Single) Static Boom (1b) - Operator
Duration: 1 Day
Max Delegates: 6
Working in Partnership
IPAF courses are delivered by HSS Training at IPAF accredited centres or on site. HSS Training uses the IPAF name and associated logos (“the IPAF Marks”) as a member of IPAF and under licence from IPAF.
• Introduction and pre-course theory test
• MEWP categories
• Structural parts
• Regulations - ISO 18878, European, HASAWA
• Regulations - PUWER, LOLER, MHSW, WAHR, RIDDOR
• Pre-use inspection / handovers
• Safe operating methods and hazards
• Theory test
• Practical training
• Practical assessment
HSS Training is now issuing the new IPAF Smart PAL Card instead of the standard PAL Card.
• The IPAF Smart PAL Card and reader system can be used to verify if pre-use checks have been done.
• Access to machines can be restricted - the MEWP can be set to only start if operators have a valid IPAF Smart PAL Card which proves they are trained for the appropriate machine category.
• An electronic logbook can be created for individual operators - showing which machines they have operated, for how long and where.
• Smartcard systems can be integrated for industry-wide coverage.
• The Smart PAL Card will continue to have security features, such as the cardholder's photo, signature and an IPAF logo printed as a hologram.
All operator courses booked from the 21st May 2014 will be issued with the new IPAF Smart PAL Card.
If you already hold a valid PAL Card, you can upgrade to the new IPAF Smart PAL Card here.
The replacement IPAF Smart PAL Card will retain the expiry date of your original card.
Other Training Sectors
DfE Bootcamps X
Skills Bootcamps in Rail - 70% discounts available!! – Please click here for further information.