- ISS Labour Rail Track Operative Apprenticeship
Level 3 Rail Engineering Technician
Duration: 36 months
Rail Engineering Technicians provide technical support to Rail Engineers.
It covers the following areas of the railway including track, overhead line, electrification, traction and rolling stock and signalling.
Those working within the occupation of Rail Engineering are responsible for the safe construction, installation, maintenance and renewal of The Railway to provide a safe and reliable railway for customers. The Rail Industry has a high level of safety critical work activities requiring a disciplined and responsible approach.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 36 months but this will depend on previous experience of the apprentice and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competencies.
What qualifications will I achieve?
You will achieve a Level 3 Rail Engineering Technician competence and knowledge. If required you will need to achieve Level 2 functional skills qualifications in Maths and English.
What are the entry requirements?
Demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English. You will need to be passionate about your chosen industry. To be eligible you must be 18 +
What will you do?
- Construction, installation, renewal, enhancement and modification of The Railway.
- Fault finding and diagnosis to prevent or address equipment failures.
- Maintenance and replacement of systems and components.
- Functional and operational testing and inspection of The Railway using specialist equipment.
- Ensuring assets are installed, replaced or maintained to specification and maintaining required records.
To apply or for more information please complete the application form below.