- ISS Labour Rail Track Operative Apprenticeship
Level 2 Rail Engineering Operative
Duration: Minimum 13 months
Rail Engineering Operatives provide support to Rail Technicians and Engineers.
It covers the following specific knowledge of the railway including track, electrification overhead line and signalling.
Those working within the occupation of Rail Engineering are responsible for the safe construction, installation, maintenance and renewal of the Railway to provide a safe and reliable Railway for customers.
The duration for this apprenticeship is a minimum of 13 months.
What qualifications will I achieve?
You will achieve a Level 2 Rail Engineering Operative competence and knowledge. You will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 functional skills qualifications in Maths and English and take a test for Level 2 functional skills qualifications in Maths and English.
What are the entry requirements?
Demonstrate a basic ability with Maths and English. You will need to be passionate about your chosen industry. To be eligible you must be 18 +
What will you do?
- Assisting in the construction, installation, renewal, enhancement and modification of The Railway.
- Assisting with fault finding and diagnosis to prevent or address equipment failures
- Maintenance and replacement of components
- Assisting in functional and operational testing and inspection of The Railway using specialist equipment.
To apply or for more information please complete the application form below.