Upon successful completion, an in house certificate will be produced and sent to your primary sponsor.
Due to COVID restrictions, it is recommended that candidates wear face masks in all communal areas.
It is the Sponsors responsibility to ensure candidates booked onto the course are eligible for the training they are to receive and in line with any relevant medical level or restriction that may apply, in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements
Delegates must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety). Please advise of any special needs
Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with valid PTS.
For NWR candidates, must have attended the PTMP 00 Safe Use of Portable & Transportable Equipment & PTMP 03.06 Cutting and Grinding Equipment courses and successfully completed the assessments.
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 1 and Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following: a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or 'ValIDate' card.
For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport is required.
PPE – hard hat, Orange Hi-Visibility clothing to RIS-3279-TOM standard, ear defenders, goggles, Safety boots with full ankle and mid-sole protection and gloves and flame-proof overalls.
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Hot & Cold Weather Precautions
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Authorised Person AC Initial
- Nominated Person AC
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Authorised Person AC Recert