Must be a minimum age of 18.
Sentinel smart card with valid COSS. Assessment competency expiry must not go past Valid Until Date.
Must have a valid work experience COSS logbook with a minimum of 4 entries and 2 Management Reviews (plus minimum of 2 PC entries) since trained or recertified endorsed by line manager or supervisor. For (P) COSS, work experience book must be endorsed by Mentor and hold a minimum of 4 completed entries. Please be aware a Mentor must be available during the COSS Assessment. IF THE LOGBOOK IS NOT PRESENT OR IS INCOMPLETE, THE ASSESSMENT CANNOT CONTINUE.
For a COSS Assessment to take place, a qualified COSS should be available should the candidate(s) be deemed Not Yet Competent or Not Competent.
Workplace assessments cannot be undertaken on activities such as visual inspections. Work groups must consist of a minimum of COSS + 2 (not including the Assessor). If unsure, please contact the office for clarification. Exceptions do apply. Please contact the office for information.
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum level 4 and NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol) and Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
Please note: The assessment must take place on Network Rail controlled infrastructure and conducted under a valid Safe System of Work plan.
Candidate must be available for contact by the assessor as a minimum the day before.
Photo ID - For British Nationals, one of the following: a current and valid branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card; in-date and valid full driving licence; in-date and valid UK Provisional Photo Card Driving Licence; in-date and valid passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or 'ValIDate' card. For Non-British Nationals - an in-date and valid passport is required.
Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia
It is the responsibility of the delegates local manager to decide upon their suitability to attend the course, in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021 Competence & Training in Track Safety.
Please advise any requirements if a site specific induction is required for the assessor to enter the site and what arrangements are in place for these to be undertaken. Failure to do this may result in the assessor being refused access and the assessment may not be carried out.
Other types of Rail course
- Stressing Level 3 - Stressing of Switch and Crossings (includes levels 1 and 2)
- Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (TR12 - Track Handback Engineer)
- Hot & Cold Weather Precautions
- Stressing Level 2 - Stressing of Plain Line (CWR) Includes Level 1
- Stressing Level 3 - Recert (incl Level 1 & 2)
- Stressing Level 1 - Restoration of Stress (CWR) TR08
- Machine Operator - Self Propelled MEWP (inc. Working at Heights & Harness Training)
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3, 4 and 6 - 9 days
- Machine Controller/Crane Controller 360 Excavator
- MC/CC 360 Excavator with Attachment Groups 1, 3 and 4
- Rail Saw and Abrasive Wheels
- MC MEWP Controller
- OLEC 2: Undertake Basic OLE Construction Activities Under Direction
- Authorised Person AC Initial
- Nominated Person AC
- OLEC 1: Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites - Session 1 (Start Time 0915hrs)
- OLEC 3: Construct, Renew, Enhance, and Modify OLE in Accordance with Design Drawings and Specifications - CORE (Including Element 2 - Install Small Part Steelwork)
- Authorised Person AC Recert